If you're looking for all Toads in Paper Mario: The Origami King's Whispering Woods, the first level of the game, then we can help you find those tricky locations.
In Paper Mario: The Origami King Toads are a collectible, making them more useful than they have been in practically any other Mario game. Other than Captain Toad, who is of course a treasure of his own.
If you rescue Toads in Paper Mario: The Origami King, they'll fill out seats in the bleachers around your battle arena, and help you out if you get into trouble – for a fee, of course. These Toads weren't born yesterday.
However, more than anything, collecting all Toads in each area will fill out the percentage tracking your collectibles on the Map screen. So here's where to find all 12 Toads in Whispering Woods in Paper Mario: The Origami King.
All Toad locations in Whispering Woods
- The first Toad in Whispering Woods is impossible to miss. He's the one that explains the scam, err we mean operation, the Toads are running in Paper Mario: The Origami King. You'll encounter him stuck in a bush just after restoring Grandsappy's strength and leaving the misty woods behind. Hit the bush with your hammer to free him.
- The second Toad in Whispering Woods is found not long after, when you reach the campsite. Open the first tent on the left by going up to the zipper of the door and pressing A. Then flat him out with a hammer strike.
- The third Toad in Whispering Woods can be found on the swing set just after the tents. There's a Goomba on the swing, so defeat him first and then hit the swing. A bug will scuttle down the right-hand pole of the swing, letting you hit it with a hammer. These bugs are always folded up Toads, so if you spot them and they're too high to hit, try hitting the object they're on first to bring them down.
- The fourth Toad in Whispering Woods is just after crossing the bridge and taking a seat at a bench to rest up. Head down from the bench to find a fire pit and a yellow Toad stuck in a tree stump. Jump up and hold down A to pull him out. Some Toads will remain crumpled even after you save them, requiring you to do something in the area to straighten them out. In this case, this Toad wants a fire, but we don't have the ability to light the sentient firewood aflame yet. We'll come back later to fulfill their deathwish.
- For the fifth Toad in Whispering Woods, continue to the left, behind the pile of firewood, to find a tree at the end of a cliff. There's another bug on here, so hit the tree and the bug will come down. Smash the bug with your hammer to save this Toad.
- The sixth Toad in Whispering Woods is at the picnic tables, so head back past the fire pit and over to the covered tables. There's a Goomba sat waiting for his BBQ, give him a meal he'll never forget (hit him with a hammer and crush him in battle) and then pull the Toad out from under the chair he was sat on. Just hold down A when the prompt comes up.
- The seventh Toad is also on the picnic tables, there's a bowl of soup or something on the opposite table. So hop up onto that and smack it with your hammer. He'll pop out and you can get on with your day.
- The eighth Toad in Whispering Woods is behind the hedge, where you can see a coin floating in the air. Head up the steps to the door of the cabin and then drop off the ledge to the left. You just need to hammer the scrunched up ball of a Toad and he'll be saved. Not that he has any friends waiting for him, though.
- The ninth Toad in Whispering Woods is back up on the cabin's porch. One of the flower baskets is missing a flower, so jump up and bonk it with your head from below. The flower looks a bit more folded than the others, so then hop back up on the cabin's railing and hammer it to save this Toad.
- The tenth Toad in Whispering Woods is across the path from the cabin, stuck in a bush like the first one. Just hammer him and head on.
- The eleventh Toad in Whispering Woods is stuck in the woodpile of the log shack that needs repairing with confetti. You can pull him out but he'll stay crumpled, staring at a conspicuous square on the ground. Stand on the square and jump to reveal a hidden block, which will shock the folds right out of the Toad. Remember these suspicious squares for later to get all the secrets.
- The twelfth and final Toad in Whispering Woods isn't saveable on your first run through the area. The door to the cabin is locked because the Toad isn't home, and hasn't been for a long time. It's best to carry on with your game by heading down the hill and going to Toad Town for now, you can come back later and save the last one to get 100% on the map screen.
That's where to find all Toads in Whispering Woods in Paper Mario: The Origami King. If you need help with some of the other collectibles in the game, check out our other Paper Mario: The Origami King guides.