Yesterday, the Fall Guys social media accounts announced an upcoming update and teased that it might take a week to go live. As it turns out that “week” deadline was false because, surprise, Hotfix 2 is available now!
Fall Guys Hotfix 2 out today
We said yesterday that it might take a week - but SURPRISE— Fall Guys (@FallGuysGame) August 24, 2020
We're releasing HOTFIX 2 right now!
Unfortunately, one fix (Spectating team mates first) has been pushed back into the next update, as it wasn't quite ready yet, but we didn't want to delay this whole patch!
LETS GO pic.twitter.com/8wacznoUwz
The Hotfix 2 update for Fall Guys is out now, bringing with it a variety of improvements, adjustments, and changes. Most notably, the patch addresses the “top 5 most frequent crashes” which should hopefully provide even more server stability.
Other fixes include the ability to invert the X/Y axis and sensitivity settings for controllers while playing Fall Guys on PS4, and improved in-game Store purchase dialogue to help prevent accidental selections.
Below, we’ve listed the Hotfix 2 patch notes courtesy of the Fall Guys Twitter account!
- “Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal.
- (PS4 Only) Added controller options, including invert X/Y axis and sensitivity options.
- Slime Climb: Players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles.
- Jump Showdown: Changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit.
- Jump Showdown: Fixed camera auto-panning.
- Improved in-game Store purchase dialogue to avoid accidental selections.
- (PS4 Only) Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models.
- Added option to change the Jump button binding for Japan.
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displayed in all supported languages.
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don’t Post this one).”
Obviously that last one is a friendly jab at everyone’s favorite losing team, the Yellow Team. Kidding, but it’s a fun patch note and we appreciate its inclusion. Speaking of teams, one of the items that was supposed to be included in Hotfix 2 but needed to be delayed was being able to spectate teammates first.
Don’t worry, this adjustment is coming in the next update. Until then, it’s awesome to see things like algorithm improvements so that team sizes are equal. As others have noted, this prevents one team from having a disadvantage due to smaller team size. Nothing in Hotfix 2 addresses things like the Fall Guys username display issue.
On Steam, inappropriate usernames and usernames with symbols caused issues in the game and had to be removed and replaced with default “Fall Guys 123” type usernames. In the future, it’d be awesome if your username could be selected in-game. Of course, this is a much bigger hurdle for the developers to overcome in comparison to things like team size algorithms and controller adjustments for PS4 players.
To those waiting for a username fix, be patient, it’s something the team is aware of and are actively working on.
In the meantime, we’re curious to hear your thoughts about the latest patch. What’s your favorite aspect of Hotfix 2? Are you happy to see it was released today as opposed to next week? Comment below!