Once you’ve mastered the basics of Pokemon Unite, it pays to get to grips with the intricacies of each map. A powerful aspect to understand and take advantage of are buffs granted by defeating wild Pokemon which are located around the arena. For Junglers, this information is vital, but even lane players can pop off to grab a boost when needed, and will need to know what’s offered by the likes of Drednaw. Below, we’ve listed all Pokemon Unite Wild Pokemon buffs and where you’ll encounter them, so you can plan your mid-game strategies.
Pokemon Unite Wild Pokemon buffs list
Pokemon Unite has multiple stadiums, each with its own set of wild Pokemon which grant buffs. Some Pokemon grant team buffs, while others only boost the Pokemon which lands the last hit. Here’s how they all break down:
Remote Stadium Pokemon buffs
Bouffalant - Solo buff
- Location: Jungle, appears 15 seconds after match start.
- Respawn time: One minute after defeat.
- Buff: Orange - Enemies hit by your normal attacks are slowed
- Use: An ideal buff for ganking, as it allows you to chase down fleeing foes, slowing them such that they can’t escape.
Ludicolo - Solo buff
- Location: Jungle, appears 15 seconds after match start
- Respawn time: One minute after defeat
- Buff: Purple - You deal higher damage to low health Pokemon.
- Use: Great for early farming and ganking. Use this to jungle efficiently early, then grab its first respawn before jumping into lane for an attack on the opposing pokemon.
Rotom - Team buff
- Location: Top lane, appears three minutes into the match (at 7:00) at the uppermost position.
- Respawn: Two minutes after defeat.
- Despawn time: Rotom will despawn after Zapdos appears in the last two minutes of the match.
- Buff: Instant goal score upon arrival. Once defeated, Rotom will move towards the closest opponent goal in its lane. If it reaches the goal, it scores 20 points and allows instant scoring for 14 seconds in that goal zone. Rotom can be defeated before arriving at a goal zone.
- Use: Group three players in top lane close to the seven minute mark to secure Rotom as a team. You should aim to escort it to the goal zone before depositing points your side has been saving up. The Player who lands the last hit will control Rotom, so beware opponents attempting to steal the final blow after you have dealt the most damage.
Drednaw - Team buff
- Location: Bottom lane, appears three minutes into the match (at 7:00) at the lowest position.
- Respawn time: Two minutes after defeat.
- Despawn time: Drednaw will despawn after Zapdos appears in the last two minutes of the match.
- Buff: Defeating Drednaw grants your entire team a defensive shield (roughly 15% of the Pokemon’s max HP) for a short time.
- Use: Drednaw’s buff offers the perfect opportunity to play aggressively, as the experience it grants combined with the shield will make your side far stronger than the opponents. However, Drednaw is an extremely tough fight in the early game, meaning it’s better to focus on Rotom when they both spawn. The player who lands the last hit will gain the shield for their side, meaning you need to watch out for opponents trying to steal the final blow from a distance.
Zapdos - Team Buff
- Location: Map center, appears with two minutes left in the game.
- Buff: Zapdos grants the player who lands the last hit 30 points, and the entire rest of their team, 20 points each. All opposing goal zones will be defenseless for 30 seconds, allow instant scoring.
- Use: Zapdos is effectively a comeback mechanic, and an extremely powerful one at that. Because it appears in the last two minutes, all scoring rewards gained from defeating it will be doubled. If your team is winning comfortably, we don’t recommend fighting Zapdos as there is a risk the opponents could steal the kill. Only take on Zapdos in a close game when you have defeated several of the opposing team and are sure that none of their ranged fighters are close enough to steal the last blow. Pokemon like Venusaur are exceptionally powerful at stealing the last hit on Zapdos from afar.
Shivre City Pokemon buffs
Avalugg - Team buff
- Location: Map center, appears with four minutes left in the game.
- Respawn time: 30 seconds after defeat.
- Buff: Defeating Avalugg will grant your team’s goal an ice barrier which must be destroyed before goals can be scored. The player who scores the last hit will gain 20 points. All other players on the team will gain 15 points. All players on the team gain a temporary ice shield which damages nearby opponents
- Use: Only appearing in quick battles, defeating Avalugg is a priority. Aim to wipe this Pokemon as often as possible with your team to protect your goal and give the edge in fights.
Those are all the Wild Pokemon buffs in Pokemon Unite at the time of writing. Most matches will be played on Remoat Stadium, so get used to planning your team strategies around Rotom, Drednaw, and Zapdos’ spawn times. For more Pokemon Unite guides, head to our hub page for the game.