Battlefield 2042 has had a rocky launch, and the team at Dice has been hard at work at addressing a ton of the problems. Today, December 9, Dice released its final set of updates for this year.
It brings along some much-needed balance updates such as
- Improvements to bullets hit registration consistency.
- Balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil
- Further balance changes to Ground Vehicle 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons to reduce their effectiveness against infantry
- A fix for a rare bug where a player could appear invisible to enemies
- Fixes for several bugs related to Grenades and Launchers
- Improvements to the menu flow for Xbox players to make it easier to opt-out of Cross-Play
- Multiple audio improvements to enhance your overall sound experience, focused on clarity, distance and directional perception
These are only some of the notes in patch 3.1 but are the ones Dice wanted to highlight upfront.
While the game still has a long way to go in order to win back many players after its tumultuous launch, it’s been great to see how quickly the team has responded to make adjustments as needed.
Another notable change in this update is the overall damage vehicle 30mm ground cannons will do to infantry soldiers.
- Rate of Fire 350 -> 330
- Heat Per Bullet 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heat Drop Per Second 0.5 -> 0.475
- Blast Damage 20 -> 18
The rate of fire and damage has been decreased while the time to overheat is increased.
If you want to learn more about some of the other minor patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s 3.1 patch, you can read them here