Earlier today, Klei Entertainment revealed that they’ve been working on a new upcoming single-player DLC called Don’t Starve: Hamlet, alongside a series of new events for Don’t Starve Together: The Forge. A free update for Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked is in the works as well, and is currently in beta testing on Steam.
Don’t Starve: Hamlet
In Don’t Starve: Hamlet, Wilson stumbles upon a lost town of posh, top hat-wearing Pigmen tucked away in the jungle. Treasure hunting and city life awaits in this new single-player expansion. There’s no release date for this new DLC just yet, but Klei estimated that it should launch in the first half of 2018.
Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked
As for Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked, various new features are available now as part of a separate Don’t Starve beta branch on Steam. Klei has posted instructions for accessing the beta branch, but there is currently no word on when the changes will officially go live. You’ll need the password “shipwreckedbeta” to get into the beta test. Here’s what sort of changes are in store:
- Crockodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
- Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
- Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
- Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
- Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
- Tar. New resource.
- 3 new variety of tropical fish.
- Rainbow Jellyfish.
- Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it's mined.
- Ox will produce offspring.
- Galley and Sea Lab . Make your base at sea.
- Sea Yard. Keeps your ship repaired on the water.
- Tar Extractor. Gets Tar from Tar Slick.
- Tar Suit. Temporary protection from wetness.
- Tar patch. A sticky situation.
- Oil Lamp. Quick lightsource for land and sea.
- Fish Farms. Grow food on the water.
- Encrusted Boat.
- Quackering Ram. New craftable for the Quacken Beak.
- Sea wall. Water craftable wall. Blocks waves.
- Tropical Bouillabaisse. New recipe with new tropical fish.
- Caviar. New recipe with Roe
Don’t Starve Together: The Forge
Klei has been working on a series of limited-time play mode events that are intended to change up the way you play with the Don’t Starve characters, allowing the team to “try crazy new things without breaking the core game,” according to Klei's announcement.
These DST events are essentially the Don’t Starve version of raid battles. The events consist of six-player co-op challenges with the goal of coming together to defeat the Grand Forge Boarrior in an arena fight. Event participants can earn new event-specific skins, which will also be available for purchase specific Warrior Skin Sets to help Klei fund future projects and content.
Now is a great time to jump back into the Don't Starve series if you haven't not-starved in a while. Let us know what new Don’t Starve content you’re looking forward to the most!