When Ubisoft’s new open-world shooter Ghost Recon Wildlands launches tomorrow, it will offer several hours of content right out of the box. However, for those who want to really immerse themselves in the full Wildlands experience, Ubisoft also plans to expand the game post-launch with a free PvP update and a plentiful supply of PvE add-ons.
According to a press release from Ubisoft, Ghost Recon Wildlands will get a 4v4 class-based PvP mode as part of a free content update which will arrive sometime after the game’s launch. A Season Pass will also be available as part of the game’s release. Those who purchase the Season Pass will get free access to all of the content listed below (text courtesy of Ubisoft):
- Narco Road: Players will infiltrate a gang of smugglers and take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader's trust and destroy them from the inside. Gamers will be able to meet new bosses and travel the wildlands in new vehicles.
- Fallen Ghosts: During an evacuation mission, the Ghosts’ chopper is shot down and the squad will need to adapt as they’re tracked down by an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Players will fight a new powerful enemy, learn new skills and unlock weapons to complete their mission.
● The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
● The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches
● Faction themed equipment packs
- Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.
- Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps dressed just like one of them. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
- Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
● Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus
● Digital content
- Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
- Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.
A price point for the Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass has yet to be announced, but given the track record of previous Ubisoft games and their respective Season Passes, expect it to cost somewhere in the $30-$40 range.
You can watch a video preview of Ubisoft’s post-launch plans for Ghost Recon Wildlands below.
If you haven’t yet watched it, be sure to check out the live-action Ghost Recon Wildlands prequel film, War Within the Cartel.