The Strv S1 is the latest Swedish tank to arrive in World of Tanks, and it’s also the first Premium tank destroyer to feature a hydraulic suspension system like those found on the other upper tier Swedish TDs. We’ve compiled a list of the stats for the Strv S1 so that you can size up this unique Swedish Premium tank destroyer and decide whether it’s right for you.
These are the standard stats for the Strv S1 without factoring in any adjustments from Equipment, exterior Camouflage patterns, etc. Since the Siege Mode mechanic on these Swedish tank destroyers takes some getting used to, we’ve also put together a guide on how to play the Strv S1 for players who are new to Swedish TDs that feature this unique mechanic.
Strv S1 Stats
- Tier & Type: Tier 8 (VIII) Tank Destroyer
- Crew: 3 (Commander, Driver, Radio Operator)
Firepower - 379
- Gun: 10,5cm kan strv 103 L/51
- Average Damage (HP): 390/390/480
- Average Damage Per Minute (HP/min): 2,393
- Average Penetration (mm): 288
- Rate of Fire (rounds/min): 6.14
- Reload Time (s): 9.78
- Gun Traverse Speed (deg/s): 27.12
- Gun Depression/Elevation Angles (deg): -11/+11
- Aiming Time (s): 2.94
- Dispersion at 100 m: 0.39
Mobility - 549
- Weight/Load Limit (t): 33/35
- Engine Power (h.p.): 540
- Specific Power (h.p./t): 16.36
- Top Speed/Reverse Speed (km/h): 50/45
- Traverse Speed (deg/s): 27.12
- Switching to Siege Mode (s): 2
- Switching to Travel Mode (s): 1.25
Survivability - 120
- Hit Points (HP): 1,000
- Hull Armor (front/sides/rear mm): 30/30/30
- Turret Armor (front/sides/rear mm): N/A
Concealment - 392
- Stationary Vehicle %: 24.05 / 5.03
- Moving Vehicle %: 14.42 / 3.01
- View Range (m): 350
- Signal Range (m): 887
When compared to the standard UDES 03, the Strv S1 has better firepower and hull armor values. Although the UDES 03 takes just a bit longer to switch to Travel mode, it has a faster top speed and better mobility overall than the Strv S1.
However, purchasing the Strv S1 allows you to bypass having to grind through the Swedish tank destroyer line so you can try out the signature hydraulic suspension system of these tank destroyers straight away. Plus, since it's a Premium tank, the Strv S1 benefits from having better credit earning potential as well.
We want to hear your thoughts on this Swedish TD. Is the Strv S1 a worthy Tier 8 Premium tank destroyer? Would you rather purchase this tank destroyer than grind your way up the Swedish TD line? Let us know what you think of World of Tanks’ new Strv S1 in the comment section below.