During today’s live event, Apple announced three new iPhone models including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and the cheaper iPhone XR. The phones will be available for pre-order starting September 14, and available at retail stores starting September 21. Starting off, the iPhone XS comes in at a sizeable 5.8 inches, while the XS Max is a whopping 6.5-inches.
If this sounds large, that’s because it is, as the XS Max is now the largest phone in Apple’s iPhone lineup boasting 458 ppi and a 2688 x 1242 OLED display. Both the XS and XS Max will feature three colors to choose from (Gold, Silver, Space Gray), and HDR capabilities. Aside from slight differences in internal specs, and the size difference, the XS and XS Max are relatively similar in nature.
For example, Apple’s notable Face ID technology is included in both, as is water resistance against an array of liquids. Below, we’ve listed some of the specs you can expect from the new XS and XS Max.
- iOS 12.
- A12 Bionic chip with improved memory capabilities, offering storage up to 512GB.
- AR support through ARkit and A12 Bionic chip.
12MPdual camera on the back, and a 7MP front-facing camera.
- IP68 water-resistance rating (two meters for up to 30 minutes in water).
- Dual-SIM card support. 3D Touch pressure-sensitive screen.
- iPhone XS has a battery that reportedly lasts 30 minutes longer than the iPhone X, while the iPhone XS Max offers an added 1.5 hours of battery life over the iPhone X.
Along with the reveal of the new XS and XS Max, Apple announced the iPhone XR. The iPhone XR aims to provide a cheaper iPhone entry point for those interested in picking up a new phone. The iPhone XR boasts a 6.1-inch LCD screen along with a 1792 x 828 resolution and 326
While the internal specs are less impressive than its XS and XS Max counterparts, they’re still worthwhile considering the XR’s lower price point. Below, we’ve listed some of the specs you can expect from the new iPhone XR.
- iOS 12.
- A12 Bionic chip.
- Apple FaceID and True-Depth camera system.
- Single 12MP camera featuring a wide-angle lens.
- IP67 water resistance.
- Haptic touch.
- iPhone XR will reportedly have 1.5 hours more battery life than the iPhone 8 Plus.
Regardless of which iPhone catches your fancy, they’re all likely to be powerhouses when it comes to mobile gaming, especially the XS and XS Mas with their enhanced AR support. What do you think of the three new iPhones showcased by Apple today? Are you planning to grab yourself an XS, or are you waiting for more price information regarding the XR? Let us know your thoughts down in the comments below!