It's been three years since Blizzard first debuted Overwatch to their community and from there, it's been three amazing years of new content, incredible heroes, and tons of additional adventures through comics and events. Just like years prior, the team is celebrating once more with a brand new anniversary event bringing players a little something new while bringing back some fan favorites throughout the years.
New and returning modes, creative new skins, and so much more is on the way beginning on May 21st until June 10th. According to Blizzard, here's what players can expect to enjoy when the anniversary event goes live:
- The Anniversary event will include 6 new Legendary skins and 3 epic skins
- New dance emotes have been added for Baptiste, Ashe and Wrecking Ball
YOUR FAVORITES ARE BACK
- The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items including your favorite dance emotes from all previous years
- Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch Archives -- Storm Rising
- Players who login for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
- Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- All previous Seasonal Event loot will be included in loot boxes during the duration of the event
The Overwatch anniversary event goes live starting tomorrow for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Even better? A free play event is also happening for those wanting to dive in for the first time, or want to recruit a friend! The free play event also kicks off tomorrow and will be available until May 28th.