In World of Horror, new players have been asking how to beat the game’s first mystery called the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors. Even though this is the game’s easiest mystery, new players will likely have a hard time figuring out what to do, and how combat works. To help, we’ve put together a complete walkthrough that’ll show you how to beat the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery in World of Horror.
How to beat School Scissors in World of Horror
- Open Storage and retrieve Friend's Diary. Inside, you'll find the correct sigil design.
- Explore the Lockers and retrieve the Baseball Bat from the middle locker.
- Select the Baseball Bat in your inventory and assign it to an equipment slot.
- Explore the School and deal with the random encounters as they appear.
- Draw the correct sigil on the chalkboard when prompted using the sigil example from your Friend's Diary.
- Collect the Blessed Chalk and Holy Candles, then perform the ritual to summon the Scissor Woman.
- Use your baseball bat in combat to defeat the Scissor Woman and complete the first mystery in World of Horror
Learning how to beat the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery in World of Horror is crucial as it’s the best way to get a feel for some of the game’s mechanics. It’s also a relatively short mystery compared to the full game which has you solving five different mysteries with far more random encounters than what you’ll find in the School Scissors mystery.
After selecting the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery, you’ll find yourself at a school. Your first step here should be opening your storage and reading through your Friend’s Diary. To do this, click on the book icon around the “somewhere around the school” text. Next, select “Friend’s Diary” from your stored items list.
At the right side of your screen, your Friend’s Diary will move into your own inventory and by selecting it, you’ll be able to open it up and read it. Inside your Friend’s Diary, you’ll get a bit more backstory, and will see the correct symbol that needs to be drawn in order to perform the ritual. Keeping the correct symbol in mind, you’ll need to track down two things: Holy Candles and Blessed Chalk.
Before you do this, select the lock icon under the “somewhere around the school” text to explore the lockers. In the locker area, you’ll see three lockers with symbols on them. The first locker to your right is locked while the one in the center contains a much-needed item… a baseball bat. Click on the baseball bat to take the item and place it in your inventory in the upper right corner.
Select the baseball bat in your inventory, then select the A/B icon to assign the baseball bat to an equipment slot. In doing so, you’ll be able to use the baseball bat in combat. The locker on the right contains something scary, but you can open it if you want. With the baseball bat acquired, the only other option left to you is to explore the school.
To do this, select the school building icon under the “somewhere around the school” text. The exploration is somewhat randomized, here are some encounters we came across and the correct way to handle them…
- Trophy Case: Checking the plaques and trophies causes a luck check. If it's a failure you'll get -2 Reason. If it's a success, you get +5 XP. Breaking the glass to grab the item results in +1 Funds and -1 Stamina.
- Stopped By a Girl: Combat with the Stalker Girl. Enemy has 18 HP, -1ALL DMG, 25 PWR. Will earn +7 XP after winning.
- Bloated Teacher: Combat with the Bloated Teacher. Enemy has 16 HP, -2STA DMG, 20 PWR. Will earn +7 HP after winning.
- Gym Doll: The ‘Anatomy Class’ Perk option won’t be available during your first playthrough. Selecting “come closer” results in - 2 Reason.
- Non-Euclidean 101: The 'Ikumi' Ally won't be available during your first playthrough. Selecting "stare in disbelief" results in - 1 Reason.
- Substitute Teacher: Select "help her" and roll a luck check. If it fails, you get - 2 Stamina. If it succeeds you get +5 XP. Selecting "decline" results in - 2 Reason.
- Drifting Classroom: Select "try to sneak" and roll a dexterity check. If it fails, you get +20 Experience and a Curse. Select "run" and roll a strength check. If a success, you get +10 XP.
- Maru: Combat with Maru. Enemy has 12 HP, -1ALL DMG, 15 PWR. Will earn + 8 XP after winning.
- Forgotten Specimen: Combat with Forgotten Specimen. Enemy has 14 HP, -1REA ALL, 20 PWR. Will earn + 7 XP after winning and a Lump of Flesh which is a Medicine that will give you +5 Stamina if used.
- Time Warper: Combat with the Time Warper. Enemy has 20 HP, -1ALL DMG, 10 PWR. Will earn +12 XP after winning.
- Park Guest: Select the pale face to have it approach the window. No penalty to your stats.
- Peek Outside: Added icon near the explore school icon that'll let you peek outside. Selecting it brings you to a door you can open. By opening the door, you’ll see a monster before the door slams shut. No penalty to your stats.
Continue exploring the school until you uncover an additional page from your Friend’s Diary that tells you the Blessed Chalk was left in the pool. Explore the school again to head to the pool area. When asked to redraw the sigil, make sure the sigil matches the one shown in your Friend’s Diary. Keep exploring the school in order to find the Holy Candles.
With your Holy Candles acquired, you’re ready to select “Perform The Ritual” and face off against the Scissor Woman. The Scissor Woman has 26 HP, -2ALL DMG, and 28 PWR. The best way to defeat her is with the baseball bat. Select “Attack Boost” four times, “Special Attack” once, and “Attack” once to hit her with the baseball bat. Do this repeatedly until you defeat the Scissor Woman.
When you win, you’ll earn +15 EXP and a new item, Cursed Scissors. To recap, the best way to get through the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery is by taking the time to retrieve the baseball bat from the lockers. With the baseball bat, all you need to do is use Attack Boost four times to ensure your attacks hit, then use Special Attack and Attack to deal up to 10 DMG per turn.
As long as your attacks land, you should be able to defeat the Scissor Woman without too much difficulty. For a visual guide on how to get through the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery in World of Horror, check out the full video walkthrough we've recorded for you down below!
Now that you know how to beat the Spine-Chilling Story of School Scissors mystery in World of Horror, be sure to check out our previous guide where we show you how to save the game in World of Horror.