Halo 2 Anniversary is officially available on PC to the excitement of many. While console gamers have had access to the Anniversary version of Halo 2 for a while, PC gamers have had to wait. Now, the wait is finally over. To simplify everything and get you going in Halo 2 Anniversary on PC, we’ve put together a quick guide explaining how to download and start playing the game.
How to download and play Halo 2 Anniversary on PC
- If you purchased the Master Chief Collection, you'll first need to install the latest update.
- Next, boot up the Master Chief Collection, then select Options and Career.
- From Career, choose Settings then Gameplay.
- Locate where you're able to change the game's installed files and check two boxes for Halo 2 Anniversary, one for campaign and one for multiplayer.
- Hit the accept button and install the Halo 2 Anniversary files.
- If you purchased Halo 2 Anniversary by itself, all you need to do is locate the game's page on the Microsoft Store or Steam and install it.
The steps needed to download and play Halo 2 Anniversary will vary depending whether you purchased the game on its own, or you purchased the full Master Chief Collection. Given the process of downloading Halo 2 Anniversary for the Master Chief Collection on PC takes a little longer than the game on its own, we’ll start there.
First, you’ll need to view your copy of the Master Chief Collection on Steam or the Microsoft Store and check to see whether it needs an update. You’ll need to install the latest update in order to gain access to Halo 2 Anniversary. After the latest update has successfully been installed, you can boot up the Master Chief Collection.
From there, you’ll need to navigate to the Options section and select ‘Career’ from the list. From there, select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Gameplay’ and scroll through to locate where you’re able to change the game’s installed files. There, you’ll find boxes you can check off for multiplayer and campaign for Halo 2 Anniversary.
Check the boxes, ‘Accept’ to confirm, then wait as your computer installs everything you need to play Halo 2 Anniversary. Easy, right?
Even easier is if you purchased Halo 2 Anniversary by itself rather than the entire Master Chief Collection. If you purchased Halo 2 Anniversary, you can visit the game’s page on the Microsoft Store or Steam (depending on where you purchased it) and choose the option to install the game.
When the installation is complete, you’re free to jump into Halo 2 Anniversary and revisit one of the best games in the Halo series complete with stunning, updated details sure to blow away gamers who remember the original Halo 2 from 2004.
Now that you know how to download and play Halo 2 Anniversary on PC, we have a few other articles you may be interested in checking out including: