Genshin Impact's open world is chock full of different materials that can be used for various things, including crafting and upgrading both your characters and equipment. One of these is the White Iron Chunk, a forging material that can be used to craft weapons from Prototypes and to craft Fine Enhancement Ore. Use this guide for everything you need to know about White Iron Chunks.
Genshin Impact White Iron Chunk guide
"Skilled hands can make this into something brilliant."
White Iron Chunks are usually found in mines and mountainous areas, particularly in and around Brightcrown Canyon, Wolvendom, Musk Reef, and the peninsula to the southwest of the Dawn Winery. To harvest them, you will need to attack them with any weapon, though claymores are the most efficient for getting this done. For more specific location information, check out this resource tracker.
- Prototype Rancour: "An ancient longsword discovered in the Blackcliff Forge that cuts through rocks like a hot knife through butter." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Sword, On hit, Normal or Charged Attacks increase ATK and DEF by 4% for 6s. Max 4 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s.
- Iron Sting: "An exotic long-bladed rapier that somehow found its way into Liyue via foreign traders. It is light, agile, and sharp." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Sword, Dealing Elemental DMG increases all DMG by 6% for 6s. Max 2 stacks. Can only occur once every 1s.
- Prototypes Crescent: "A prototype longbow discovered in the Blackcliff Forge. The arrow fired from this bow glimmers like a ray of moonlight." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Bow, Charged Attack hits on weak points increase Movement SPD by 10% and ATK by 36% for 10s.
- Compound Bow: "An exotic metallic bow from a distant land. Though extremely difficult to maintain, it is easy to nock and fires with tremendous force." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Bow, Normal Attack and Charged Attack hits increase ATK by 4% and Normal ATK SPD by 1.2% for 6s. Max 4 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s.
- Prototype Grudge: "A grudge discovered in the Blackcliff Forge. The glimmers along the sharp edge are like stars in the night." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Polearm, After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG by 8% for 12s. Max 2 stacks.
- Crescent Pike: "An exotic weapon with an extremely long blade on the top and a crescent blade at the bottom. It found its way into Liyue through foreign traders. With practice, it can deal heavy damage." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Polearm, After picking up an Elemental Orb/Particle, Normal and Charged Attacks deal an additional 20% ATK as DMG for 5s.
- Prototype Aminus: "An ancient greatsword discovered in the Blackcliff Forge. It swings with such an immense force that one feels it could cut straight through reality itself." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Claymore, On hit, Normal or Charged Attacks have a 50% chance to deal an additional 240% ATK DMG to enemies within a small AoE. Can only occur once every 15s.
- Whiteblind: "An exotic sword with one section of the blade left blunt. It made its way into Liyue via the hands of foreign traders. Incredibly powerful in the hands of someone who knows how to use it." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Claymore, On hit, Normal or Charged Attacks increase ATK and DEF by 6% for 6s. Max 4 stacks (24% total). Can only occur once every 0.5s.
- Prototype Amber: "A dully gilded catalyst secretly guarded in the Blackcliff Forge. It seems to glow with the very light from the sky." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Catalyst, Using an Elemental Burst regenerates 4 Energy every 2s for 6s. All party members will regenerate 4% HP every 2s for this duration.
- Mappa Mare: "A nautical chart featuring nearby currents and climates that somehow found its way into Liyue via foreign traders." Crafting type-Forging, weapon type-Catalyst, Triggering an Elemental reaction grants a 8% Elemental DMG Bonus for 10s. Max 2 stacks.
- Fine Enhancement Ore: "For reasons unknown, this special and refined ore can be absorbed by weapons to greatly increase their strengths." Crafting type-Forging, amount needed-3, Weapon EXP material. Gives 2,000 EXP.
For more Genshin Impact features and guides, check out our game hub.