Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has received a small update on all platforms, tweaking the power of a few weapons and rejigging the online playlists. Below you’ll find the clear January 28 patch notes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, so you can keep up to date with all the changes.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28 patch notes
The biggest news in this update for most players is that Shipment 24/7 is back, replacing Shoot the Ship. Infinity Ward continues to play around with the spawns, but on a map that small it feels a bit like trying to harness pure chaos. Capture the Flag is still kicking about, only now in the Quick Play filter.
In terms of weapons, the MP5 and M4 have had slight nerfs, while the M13 got buffs to range, recoil headshot damage. Check the exact changes yourself in the patch notes below, supplied by the Infinity Ward website.
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed.
That’s all there is to see in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28 patch notes. Hopefully you’re happy to see Shipment back in the permanent slot, and if you’re an MP5 or M4 user, we hope the nerfs haven’t been too hard on you!